Specialty Insurance

In addition to the more common car and home policies, SurNet is also able to secure coverage for travel insurance, special event liability, marine, and so much more.


Farming is a unique way of life and it requires a unique kind of insurance policy. Your SurNet broker will be able to inspect your operations and tailor a farm policy to meet your specific needs. No two farms are alike…but they are all equally important. Discuss the following coverage options with your broker today.

Dwelling and Contents

  • For the residential farm house and it’s contents, similar to a personal home policy.
  • Snowload and collapse.
  • Replacement Cost.
  • Increased construction costs due to by-laws.


  • Replacement cost (optional).
  • Damage to non-owned machinery.
  • Loss of use (optional)

Farm Liability

  • Corporate or family farm operations.
  • Environmental pollution coverage.
  • Non-owned livestock coverage

Outbuildings and Structures

Similar to a home policy, this section would offer coverage for barns and/or sheds.

Earnings Insurance

Loss of future earnings as a result of a covered loss.

Get a quote from our online system

Directors and Officers

Many organizations have a Board of Directors and Officers who are required to act in good faith and in the best interest of the organization for which they serve. Their basic duties may include:

  • Duty of Diligence (Duty of Care): Act reasonably, in good faith, in the organization™s best interest.
  • Duty of Loyalty: Place the interest of the organization before your own.
  • Duty of Obedience: Act within the scope of the organization, within applicable rules and laws.

Directors may be liable for:

  • Failing to act as stated under a statute (ie: if the statute requires the directors to maintain certain records and they are not).
  • Non-compliance of the organization with a statute (ie: mismanagement, financial losses, wrongful dismissal, employee discrimination).


Whether you travel for a week at a time, or vacation in warmer weather for the entire winter, we have a travel insurance policy to suit your style and budget.

Without travel insurance, you may find yourself spending your holiday dollars on medical expenses or incurring additional costs due to the decline in your travel suppliers financial stability.

Coverage can be purchased to cover exactly the duration of the trip. Alternatively, you can arrange for a multi-trip policy that covers an unlimited amount of trips within a certain time period (usually one year).

Life and Financial

To many, life insurance and financial planning can be quite confusing. To make it easier on our customer, many of our brokers are also licensed to sell life insurance and mutual funds so you can have a conversation about your future needs the next time to contact your broker to make a change to your home or auto policy.

There are many different types of life insurance: Term, Universal and Whole Life. Your SurNet broker will be able to discuss the differences to determine which one is best suited to your unique needs.


Transporting consumer and commercial goods by truck across the province and further continues to be a viable choice for many, but it comes with a great deal of risk. In the event that a truck becomes involved in an accident, the financial implications can be devastating.

At SurNet, we can provide an insurance solution for many types of trucking including:

  • Long Haul
  • Local Vehicles
  • Fleet
  • Non Fleet
  • Trailers
  • Tow Trucks

SurNet brokers are able to offer the standard coverages required by many trucking companies such as:

  • Third Party Auto Liability
  • Statutory Accident Benefits
  • Non-Owned Auto
  • Physical Damage and Comprehensive Coverage
  • Cargo

Small Business Packages

At SurNet, we know your business is very important. It is also important to us.

Being the owner of a small business you face many challenges each day. One of the most important things you can do for the success of your business, is to make sure it is adequately protected.

When you work with a SurNet broker, you are working with a small business owner who understands the importance of ensuring continued financial security…for today, and tomorrow.

Your SurNet broker can offer solutions for commercial property and liability, commercial auto and commercial umbrella.

Property and Liability:

Many insurers offer tailored packaged policies allowing the purchase of insurance to be simple. They offer the coverages you need at an affordable price.

  • Accounting Services
  • Advertising Agencies
  • Attorneys
  • Consultants
  • Financial Consultants or Planners
  • Graphic Artists/Designers/Illustrators
  • Insurance Agents
  • Messaging/Communication Services
  • Real Estate Appraisers
  • Tax Return Preparation
  • Transcription/Translation/Interpreter Service
  • Travel Agencies (not conducting tours

Commercial Auto:

We can give you the protection you and yoru business need – including liability, personal injury/medical coverage, comprehensive, collision coverages, and much more to help you keep your business moving forward.

If your employees use their own cars to perform deliveries, sales visits, picking up supplies, and other errands for your business, you could be held liable for any accidents they cause.

Many of the coverages offered under a Commercial Auto policy mirror those offered by your Personal Auto policy. To find out how they differ…contact your SurNet broker today.

Commercial Umbrella

Your liability insurance policy would protect your livelihood from lawsuits arising from your business, but it will only cover to the limit you are able to purchase. With today’s litigeous society, more often than not, a Commercial Umbrella policy is also required in the event of a large loss. An educated discussion with your SurNet broker will determine what limits are necessary for your business.

Commercial Liability

Commercial general liability insurance, or CGL, is coverage that will protect your business in the event that you are sued. It is often used to cover claims against your business for injury or property damage. Typical examples include if a customer is injured at your place of business, or say an employee damages property at a client’s site.

Without a CGL policy, lawsuits could leave a devastating impact on you and your business. The likelihood of being sued is more common than you might think. It is for this reason that commercial general liability insurance is one of the most popular business insurance products sought after by business owners.

There are four main types of coverage included in the standard Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy:

  • Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability – Coverage for physical injury to someone (like a client) or damage to their property/belongings caused by your company, your product, your work, your employees, or anything else associated with your company.
  • Personal Injury Liability – While most people associate ‘personal injury’ with physical injury this is not the case with a CGL policy where it actually means damage of a person’s character, reputation and position in the community as a result of libel (in print) or slander (verbal defamation.)
  • Medical Payments – This provides coverage that pays someone’s minor medical expenses from an accident that happens at your company’s premises or as a result of your company’s operations-even though you may never be held legally liable for the accident.
  • Tenants’ Legal Liability (for those that rent or lease their workspace) – If you rent your workplace, you may be held legally responsible for causing a fire, explosion, smoke damage, or other damage caused by fire protection (like sprinklers going off) then this coverage will pay the compensatory damages. This applies only to damages of the rented premises – not the property that you may personally own.


Insurance for Retail stores in Canada come in convenient packages from a number of reputable insurers. In Ontario, premiums are quite affordable and can start at $1000.00 and in some cases may even be lower.

Examples of business that would require Retail Insurance are:

  • Auto parts & Accessories
  • Bakeries
  • Bath Shops
  • Camera shops
  • Candy stores
  • Clothing Store
  • Electronics Store
  • Florists
  • Furniture stores
  • Gift shops
  • Grocery Stores
  • Hardware store
  • Paint & Wallpaper store
  • Sporting goods store
  • Toy Store

Find a convenient location near you

A trusted insurance advisor is just a call or click away

Send us an email!

Contact a SurNet Representative for more information or a quote.